It's not worth my time anymore to drive to L.A. and Orange County for bench players or what some people may call a "scrub". What can I say. Redlands is over 60 miles away from L.A. and about 50 miles away from Orange County.
The top 3 signings I enjoyed the most in 2010 were:
- Tony Gwynn autograph signing linked here.
- Nomar Garciaparra and Mia Hamm signing linked here.
- Tommy Lasorda comes to my hood linked here.
The event that I liked the best this year was the signing that featured Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn. It took place in the San Diego area back in May of this year.
Tony was one of the best signers. It was a free signing but it seemed as if the fans were paying for the autograph. He "sweet spot" every baseball given to him and always included his Hall of Fame inscription without even asking him.
This was my favorite autograph signing of 2010. At least it was for me. Why?
- Short line, especially for a Hall of Famer.
- A chance to get multiple items signed. Tony didn't mind if fans got in line a second time. He stayed until every fan was out of items.
- A chance to take a photo with Tony.
- The signing was free.
- Last but not least. I got a damn carpool. It made gas and mileage easier on me.
Thanks for reading.